Question:
what's a good place to see in seattle?
2006-01-30 06:47:56 UTC
what's a good place to see in seattle?
Five answers:
passenbij
2006-01-30 07:25:05 UTC
Alkai Beach is nice when it is a warm sunny day. There is also a nice zoo. If you go to the Space Needle, be sure to stop by the EMP (Experience Music Project). You can't miss it, it's the colorful building with no flat walls. If you don't want to pay to go in, at least walk into the gift shop. From there you can see the architecture of the inside of the building as well as look through some good books about musicians and listen to music. There is also a science center by the Space Needle.
daestarr1
2006-01-30 08:54:54 UTC
Pike's Place Market is awsome fun first thing in the morning, esp. on a Saterday Morning, the Space Needle is the next thing I could suggest, although if you are acrophobic like me, it could be just a little too high up, they have a nice resteraunt at the top that rotates, though. The Seattle Science Center is pretty cool, they have laser light shows there, all along the piers are cool shops and resteraunts, and of coarse the is the Seattle Aquarium, there are also numerous old buildings and things to see in the city. I wouldnt suggest trying to drive around,though. Take a cab or a bus into the city and hoof it the whole day. Then you dont have to worry about big-city stuff like car break-ins, parking fees, one way streets, and not enough parking where you want to be. Heres a web addy to the Emerald City:

http://www.guestinformant.com/seattle
Josh
2006-01-30 06:55:47 UTC
The market is pretty awesome. Basically, anywhere along the pier you can easily spend several days. A couple blocks off the beaten path you can find something called the Underground Tour. I found this pretty interesting actually, as it gives a lot of history about seattle, and for the tour you actually get to walk the "old sidewalks" underneathe the current city streets. The space needle is awesome too, and the monorail from the old worlds fair in the 40's. Easily navigatible attractions- fun stuff.
seetheglobey
2006-01-30 16:57:52 UTC
Besides the Pike Place market I really enjoyed the boat tour which departs from the Pier area behind the market, then circles around the locks to Union Lake. We saw the city from the water, the tower, salmon at the locks, several suburbs on the water, etc...pleasant .... Tour name is Argosy, link below:
richard_acourt
2006-01-30 06:57:14 UTC
The center