Question:
what is a good hotel in Seattle to stay with kids? any recommended activities?
lmc2423
2006-02-14 03:35:50 UTC
what is a good hotel in Seattle to stay with kids? any recommended activities?
Two answers:
Käriev
2006-02-15 20:10:27 UTC
The Silver Cloud at South Lake Union was great (we booked it on Hotwire) - small hotel with decent rooms and a nice pool. However, you'll need to research your transportation options, since it's not in the downtown core.

As for activities, the Seattle Center is great - it is home to the Children's Museum, Pacific Science Center, and Seattle Children's Theatre. Depending on when you're in town, there may be interesting events at Key Arena, and hot days are fun at the water fountain in the middle of the park.
ctweedy2003
2006-02-23 20:39:46 UTC
I agree with all of the activities mentioned above, but I'd also recommend the Seattle Underground Tour down in Pioneer Square, the Waterfront (Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe and The Seattle Aquarium), Woodland Park Zoo, and the Ballard Locks. All of these are easily accessible by bus from downtown, and if you stay downtown, busses are free!

As for hotels, I would say that the Marriott along the waterfront would be a good one. While it might be a little pricier, I'm almost positive they have a pool, and not to mention its a great location, the kids would definitely enjoy it.